You will inevitably have to invest in truck parts sooner or later to maintain your fleet. There can be many reasons behind it. However, one of the crossroads you will often find yourself between is whether to choose aftermarket parts or OEM truck parts. Before you look to buy truck parts in Sydney that are top-notch in every way, consider these guidelines:
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts are the exact replica of the original parts you have in your truck. These are the same parts offered by the same company that is used in the creation of your truck.
Therefore, these parts have the same quality, specifications, and other aspects. There is virtually no difference. However, as these are exactly the same as the original part in your truck, you will find them to be more expensive. These are the most expensive truck parts you can find in the market.
However, if you don’t want any compromise in the performance or quality of your truck parts, these might be a great choice.
- Perfect compatibility and fit for your truck.
- You receive the correct level of performance.
- They usually have warranties or guarantees for security.
- Helps maintain the value of your truck and the fleet.
- OEM parts are the most expensive option.
- These are not easily available all the time.
- You might have to order them separately and wait.
- OEM parts for older models easily get discontinued.
Aftermarket parts aren’t manufactured by the same company as the supplier of the original parts. These parts are often reverse-engineered. Which means that someone decided to put effort and resources into replicating the same part. Therefore, you can expect the same level of performance and specifications.
But there’s a catch – Not all aftermarket parts are built equally. As these are created by third-party manufacturers, the quality can greatly vary. You can find some that can match or even surpass OEM parts and others that won’t last as long. The positive part of Aftermarket parts is that they are usually cheaper than the original parts.
- Usually cheaper than OEM parts.
- Highly customized and wide selection available.
- Easier to find and replace for your trucks.
- Some may even offer better performance.
- As the quality varies, you will have to do your research.
- Even if the part is similar, there can be compatibility issues.
- You often have to sacrifice performance for quality, or vice-versa.
- Some parts may not even offer any warranty or guarantee.
Almost any kind of machine will require parts replacement sooner or later, even an electric pallet truck. If you have a reliable or credible dealer for aftermarket parts, you can save a lot of money and time. However, if you don’t want anything about your truck to change even remotely, go for OEM parts.